Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Excitement

Hi nutrition nerds!

As usual, I'm still updating the Tumblr daily.  Beyond that - the winter quarter is in full swing!  It's been a very busy month of packing, moving, and unpacking but the end is in sight!!  As the boxes disappear and my new apartment becomes less cluttered, I feel my mind becoming less cluttered as well.

So what has happened over the last month?
- I got a job as a Graduate Assistant with my school's Community Nutrition track.  I get to help shape the program and encourage my fellow students to get out and do the work we spend so many hours talking about in class!

- I am using my MPH degree more now within the context of my MS/DPD program than I ever used it in my previous "public health" jobs.

- I am completing field hours for my Community Nutrition class, while also seeking "out of the box" volunteer opportunities.  I can't wait to share my thoughts on these experiences.

- I may have found my future DI internship - or at least two ideal options!  Has anyone else explored the Distance Learning option?  I'm looking into that as one of my options.  Now to find an RD who can help me implement my ideas!

I hope this post finds everyone having a great February so far!  Can't wait to share more on my journey very soon :)

Jenn
The Nutrition Nerd

No comments:

Post a Comment